Tuesday, October 13, 2009

MDS: Up for the Count

Yesterday's counts:

Platelets: 139,000
Hemoglobin: 12.6

I think I'm finally getting it. The counts go highest when I feel the worst—as the end of the shots cycle approaches. After that, they descend for a couple of weeks, then ascend for a couple of weeks.

Yes, it's true. It has taken me quite a while to figure this pattern out. But, as the mystery and thriller writers often remind us: things are best hidden in plain sight.

So, here I am:
  • arms itching/hurting like crazy
  • fatigue engulfing me
  • legs still breaking out in mysterious bug-bite-ish bumps
  • stomach in flux from liberally mixing Zofran and Metamucil
  • my sweet tooth run amuck, as often happens when I feel poorly
and I'm showing some of the best counts since this all started.

Good thing I know I'll feel much better in a day or two. Otherwise this high-count/feeling-lousy phenomenon might be discomfiting.

Uh-huh.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad to hear your counts are up and hope you're feeling better now that a few days time have passed.

    courtney

    ReplyDelete