Saturday, October 31, 2009

MDS: Is It the Flu? Bring the Chocolate

Slight flu-like symptoms set in Thursday just before dinner.

At least I thought it was that:
  • headache
  • body aches
  • feeling like a slight temperature
  • feeling some chills.
Not too much. Just a bit. Still, thought I, just what I need. The damned flu shot's given me the disease.

I retreated to the bedroom, turned on the TV and ate two sections of a Trader Joe's milk chocolate bar.

Symptoms gone.

Yesterday—same thing.

Does this mean that chocolate is the cure for very mild flu symptoms?

Or, what if it's a chocolate-Vidaza interaction? Now, that could be groundbreaking.

4 comments:

  1. It's a combo of Lady Gaga cum Choc Choc that fixes nearly everything. And then there's champagne and pate. Don't get me started! Glad you're spelled. Or should that be spared?

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime le chocolat, on dit an francais. it cures many ills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Mitch's family, I am so sorry that Mitch has gone and I extend my sympathy to you. I agree with everything that peppertree said. I also was diagnosed with possible MDS and Mitch enlightened me and helped me deal better with this disease. A donation in his name has been sent to AAMDS foundation. Thanks Mitch

    ReplyDelete