Saturday, October 24, 2009

MDS: Stamina Holds Up in London


Well, the stamina question was answered yesterday. You remember the stamina question, yes? How long would it take MDSMitch to reach utter exhaustion after flying all night?

The answer: 2.5 days.

The bottom finally dropped out yesterday (Friday), 2.5 days after landing.

Still, I think that's pretty good. And, even though I didn't even want to get out of bed yesterday, not only did I do that, but managed to stay on my feet through a morning at the Cabinet War Rooms, a stroll in the Westminster Abbey/Houses of Parliament area, and a piano concert at the Church of St. Martin-in-the-Fields.

All that after Penny kept me up til all hours at Royal Festival Hall for a London Philharmonic concert the night before.

Then—collapse and fair uselessness until it was time for a classic half-pint-and-meat-pie at the local pub.

Delicious, that was.

So, really, I'm holding my own as we play tourist here in London. it's yet another life victory over the mundane.

Cheerio, old chaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment