Sunday, October 11, 2009

MDS: A Dog's Life?

So, yesterday, feeling miserable and useless as I usually do on Shots Week Saturdays, I'm flipping channels among college football games, when I happen upon a promo or short featurette.

At first, I can't figure out what it is.

It's a hospital setting, and there's a doctor who's saying " . . . he's undergoing a bone marrow transplant with his own stem cells that we harvested from his blood yesterday . . . He'll be here in the hospital for three weeks, and then hopefully will go home to live a full life."

I can't figure out what I'm looking at. The patient is . . .

. . . a dog. A chocolate Lab, to be more specific. A dog suffering lymphoma.

This, it turns out, is a promo for North Carolina State University's vet school.

Just goes to show: even for we potential bone marrow transplants, it can be a dog's life.

I wonder, could the NC State vets can take on my case?

I wonder, was the dog's recovery set back some because NC State lost to Duke by 21?

No comments:

Post a Comment