Thursday, October 22, 2009

MDS Mitch Goes to London

I've survived an overnight flight. My first since MDS arrived. To London.

Chalk it up to another "victory over the mundane," this time to flying all night.

Rational or not, I was concerned. You arrive early in the morning, sleep-deprived, your body pretzeled into a series of aches and cramps, your digestive system totally tossed out of whack.

And, remember—you've been angsting all day about flying. Did you remember:
  • passport;
  • camera;
  • voltage adaptor;
  • voltage converter;
  • to re-charge the re-chargeable batteries;
  • to pack this;
  • to unpack that;
  • medications;
  • especially medications?
Anyway, I can't sleep sitting up. Not even armed with a neck pillow and prescription sleeping pill.

On this trip I even tried my long thought-out pillow experiment: wear the neck pillow backwards to keep my head from lolling forward.

No go.

And, every sneeze of cough on the plane or in-bound subway made me wince. Germs! Beware the germs! They've everywhere!

And, you know, these international germs are particularly virulent. And, I hear, the British germs especially don't like MDS people from New Jersey. After all, Jersey was the cradle of the revolution. I'm sure they still resent us for that.

But, arrive we did, all in one piece. All-in-all it looks like this "chronically ill adult" survived the initial stages of the vacation.

Need, want, demand more? These travels are chronicled at: Penny and Mitch's Travels, and at GraysAtPlay – Traveling Boomers' Adventures.

1 comment:

  1. "But, arrive we did"

    And we're glad you did. AND made it back.

    jules and effin

    ReplyDelete