Wednesday, June 10, 2009

MDS: A Cranky Boy

The fatigue is beginning to get me down. It's difficult enough to get one's head around the idea of being shot up seven times once a month forever, but having the medication render one near-useless due to weariness is just downright discouraging.

The least I'd like to see is enough energy to be productive.

I do remind myself that this round of shots was the first without competing medications, and that I may be more energetic during the interim three weeks. I certainly hope so. There's just too much downright annoying stuff on TV to constantly use the tube as background noise for sleeping most of the day. And, one certainly doesn't want to be annoyed on top of being tired.

There's a mathematical formula for that: A+F=Cr.

Annoyed + Fatigued = Cranky.

And, face it, nobody wants to hang around someone who's cranky. Cranky kids are sent to time-out, or even to bed.

And, I'm already spending way too many hours in bed, so where are we going to send me if I'm going to be cranky? Shopping?

Oh no! Not that! I'll be good, really I will!

As soon as I get a few more hours' sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment