Friday, May 29, 2009

Yesterday’s Counts: Normalcy Returns?

Dr. Onco pricked my finger to satisfy her blood lust yesterday and came back with these numbers:
  • Platelets: 161,000
  • Hemoglobin: 12.4
That’s very close to normal.

"If the Vidaza isn’t supposed to take effect until the third or fourth course of injections, why," I asked, "are the counts going up so quickly?"

"I don’t know," she said. "And, as long as they’re going up, I don’t care. It doesn’t matter why as long as they’re going up."

Okay by me.

4 comments:

  1. Do not look gift platelets in the mouth!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, I recognize the roller coaster ride of medical terror***, giving the worst news possible one day and the best news possible the next day. Keep on keepin' on - the arrow on your medical chart shows an upward trend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Platelets rule! Am just looking forward to bumping bellies on Broadway. More anon. OOXX L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say long-live platelets, but they're life span is something on the order of 12 days. So, I'll say, rather, may they go forth and multiply - and keep on multiplying til we can't hardly count 'em any more.

    ReplyDelete