Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Health Care Costs Anyone?

The health insurance statement from my hospital stay came the other day.

Check it out:








  • 5 days = nearly $107,971.92
  • Insurance paid the hospital about $10,986.00
  • We owe $0.00
Can anyone explain exactly how this system works?

Is it possible that the health care system is set up to be a complicated and obtuse as possible?

Guess I shouldn’t ask any questions as long as my balance due is zero.

Long live the health care providers!

3 comments:

  1. Checking in with my non-maudlin compatriot. Strong support notification emanating from the Pacific Northwest coast. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can comment in Safari but not Firefox; go figure. Love your hospital bill - you're winning already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. This computer stuff is weird: if I try to post with the newest version of Explorer, I can't manipulate fonts, but in Foxfire I can. Almost as bizarre as the health care billing ritual, eh?

    ReplyDelete