Wednesday, December 23, 2009

MDS: Sleeping the Day Away

Another day. Another day of napping.

Slept from 9:30 til 11:15 this morning. From noon-thirty til 2:15 this afternoon. And, am now about ready to go back to bed.

Was running a low-grade fever yesterday, which started me to worrying. Who the hell knows what a fever might mean with MDS? Whatever it might really mean (likely, nothing), it raises the specter of vulnerability that’s been looming since Day 1: susceptibility to getting sick.

Today, the fever’s gone. The sleep continues.

I take this napping predilection to be a sign of the low blood count. It’s not dissimilar to what I was feeling when I was in Minnesota with the MDS first manifesting itself.

That begs the question—how low is the actual count right now?

We know what it was on Monday. But, is it lower now? I see little signs that it might be (i.e., the site where the blood was taken on Monday shows a bruise instead of just disappearing). But, what’s a real concern and what’s my imagination?

And, at what point do you call the doctor? Especially given that the day after tomorrow is Christmas, and then it’s the weekend.

And, if you do call, which doctor do you call?

Well, this thing put me in the hospital for Easter. Maybe it’s on a pattern to flare up for Christian holidays. Silly? Yes. Still, a silly superstitious notioin seems as logical as anything else I’ve encountered in dealing with this disease.

Enough. I’m going back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment