Friday, September 18, 2009

MDS: Blah, Blah, Blog

Yesterday, I was interviewed via phone by a very pleasant young woman named Emily. A Penn State student, she has a writing internship with a new Web site called MDSBeacon.com.

She asked me, among other things, why I started this blog.

"Mostly it seemed like the easiest way to keep friends, relatives and colleagues informed about what was going on with me and this silly disease," I told her.
  • Sidebar: is this actually a "disease?" It's called a "syndrome," and I've not figured out if that's different from a disease, a synonym for disease, or a subcategory of disease. Oh, the issues and dilemmas that arise . . .
Anyway, I also noted to her that writing this blog was good news and bad news.

The good news: it's a facile way to keep people informed, and it allows me to vent a bit when venting is required for good psychological health. (We wouldn't want any psych "syndromes" to set in, now, would we?)

The bad news: if I don't post something nearly every day, people have a tendency to worry.

So, sometimes I have to stretch a bit to create a post.

Like today.

But, no worries. If I miss a few days, it's likely that I've nothing really to report, that I've become overly busy with work, or that I've become overly busy with play.

Especially play.

No comments:

Post a Comment