Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tired & Fat

As this west coast trip comes to an end, a few things are on my mind.
  • How to get any exercise when traveling, since the typical day goes napless and is tiring.
  • How to eat a whole lot less, especially if I'm not exercising.
  • How, therefore, to create/maintain some kind of routine whilst in transit.
Not earth-shattering stuff, I realize. But, it's a pretty tiny mind I carry around, and this is what currently fills it.

Clearly, I need (or function best with) a normal routine:
  1. up early
  2. work early
  3. eat
  4. work some more
  5. visit Dr. O (when necessary)
  6. eat
  7. nap
  8. work some more
  9. exercise
  10. eat
  11. laze through the evening to bedtime
This is hard to do on the road. Still, I'm supposed to be some kind of travel writer. So, I should be able to function on the road without becoming a tired, tiresome, run down lump who accomplishes nothing but eating and kvetching.

Not that's I'd kvetch about the eating I've done on this trip. Far from it.

But, to quote the late, great Phil Rizzuto—holy cow! Will you look at this belly? It's entering a room five minutes before I do! And, I'm half asleep when I finally enter behind it.

Could be it's time for a late-August New Year's resolution. Less food, far-far fewer sweets, and more exercise.

Sounds easy enough. I'll start tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Me, I'd go for 2 naps a day, especially considering how early you get up in the morning. Then if you lost your first nap into the flux of the day, you could look forward to the other, and insist on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Robert Heinlen (sp?) "waiting is"? Perhaps we're working on a life philosophy of "napping is".

    ReplyDelete